Thursday, October 27, 2011

Need Some Prayers

A friend of mine is very sick. She is one of my best friends and perhaps my "oldest" friendship. Caroline and I have been friends since before I can remember. Our moms used to bowl together so by age 2, we were meeting up at the bowling alley's babysitting room and soon after, her mom starting babysitting me. Her home was my second home, her family, my second family. Right now she is in a coma after suffering a cardiac arrest and it is very difficult to be so far away from her right now. She has an amazing little 3 year old daughter and for the past 36 hours, I have been praying that she will wake up fine and be reunited with her daughter and her family. It makes me realize how grateful I am for my family's health and realized how precious life is. Caroline is only 33 and she has so much more to experience. I'm not sure I could have been the person I am today if I hadn't had her in my life. Please say a prayer for her.




Here are some oldies, but goodies- This one is from a party we went to. The cardigan I was wearing was a "borrow" from her sister's closet (we were constantly getting into trouble from "borrowing" from her sister's closet). This one was from our second skiing trip. We took the gondola up but didn't get off on the right stop so ended up on a black diamond. We had to shimmy down on our butts b/c we couldn't handle the slope. At one point the ice was so bad we started spinning (even though we were on our butts) and couldn't claw into the hill fast enough. Ski patrol helped us down, but we were already to a point that we didn't really need them. Just love Caroline's blue outfit . She was also in my wedding party, and really stepped up to do the maid of honor duties (my sister was only 16 and was sick the night of my wedding). Caroline carried my make-up, was constantly fixing my dress and even held up my dress when I needed to go to the bathroom (yes, TMI, but that was how close we are).

And here are our girls together:

No comments:

Post a Comment