Thursday, March 17, 2011

Makaela's First Field Trip

I was very pleased to hear that Makaela's first field trip was March 17th, because I was home from school and able to go on the field trip with her. Her class went to the Wahiawa Botanical Gardens. It was also her first time riding on a bus, so it seemed that she was more excited to do that than visit the actual gardens. I was hoping to see her interact more with her friends but she wanted to be my "partner" instead of taking a classmate partner. It seemed that all the kids who had parents on the trip did the same though. I did find out that her friend Krissy's brother used to be one of my students and that there is a boy Kainalu who has a little crush on her. He blew her a kiss and she phewed him away and turned her head. We got to do leave rubbings, made coffee filter butterflies, went on a nature walk and smelled a cinnamon tree, looked at cacao plants (she was interested to hear that the plant made chocolate), and felt some rooster tail plants. The highlight was running around in the field as we waited for the bus though- toddlers will be toddlers.

No comments:

Post a Comment