Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patty's Day


Things have certainly changed for me in terms of how I celebrate my St. Patty's Day, but
nevertheless, we all got dressed up in our greenery to celebrate. We headed downtown to Aloha Tower to have a dinner at Gordon Biersh with the Martins and the Buelows and see everyone all decked out at the block party. Of course, I would have never taken the girls to the block party, but we did get to see some crazy get-ups. Makaela noticed one woman wearing a headband with jiggly shamrocks on them and said, a bit too loudly, "Mom, that lady looks like a cock-a-roach". I told her that cockroaches don't have shamrocks on their antennae. The dinner was comical- three moms, a grandma and 6 kids, 3 years old and under. Yes, things have changed considerably-I noticed that in the pictures, I have throw up down my shirt and this year, it's not mine :-)
On the way out of Gordon Biersh, we stopped to watch a clogging performance and Makaela was in awe. She clapped when it was over and said she wanted to do that. The next night at bedtime she started jumping around and stamping her feet against the floor. When I asked her to do "gentle feet" she said she couldn't- she was dancing like the ladies we saw at the restaurant. I guess I will have to sign her up for tap one of these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment