Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sleepover Party

Tonight Makaela had her friend Olivia sleep over. When I first told the girls they could have the sleepover, they acted like little girls will: squealing and giggling and immediately I wondered what I had gotten myself into. Olivia is 6, so the dynamic with her and Makaela is a bit different than with Makaela's other friends who are younger. Tonight Makaela told me that she doesn't watch Dora anymore because that's for little kids and she is a big kid. I asked Olivia if she watched Dora and she said no too (ummm, the peer influence has begun although this did come in pretty handy during clean-up time :-). The girls played dress up for most of the night and I served as their lady-in-waiting, helping them change into their different princess dresses. (I had to scrub glitter out of hair during bath time) Makaela has a new phrase: "I'm a bala-hina". Considering she was wearing a tutu at the time she said this, I can only assume she meant ballerina. The picture above is of the girls watching none other than...Dora! I guess the girls got a bit tired of being "big girls" the later the night got.

No comments:

Post a Comment