Friday, June 17, 2011

Bling Bling

So I finally mustered up and took Mia to get her ears pierced. I was very lucky that my mother-in-law took Makaela when she had hers done so I didn't have to endure the crying that ensued. Unfortunately, I wasn't going to have that luxury this time. I was afraid to wait any longer because Mia is still young enough to not notice them, but if I wait any longer, I'm not sure that would be the case. I never thought the practice was barbaric until I had to be the one to take her to get her ears pierced. I was envisioning pure terror (for me), but luckily, the Walmart ladies and Mia did far better than I did. We had two wonderful jewelry clerks who cuddled Mia and blew kisses at her. They pierced the ears at the same time so Mia had only moments of "discomfort". My brave little lady cried for all of 20 seconds before she started blowing bubbles at the Walmart ladies. Makaela noticed them as soon as I picked her up from daycare and showed her little sister off to all her classmates (although she did point out to a little boy in her class that, "My sister has earrings just like you" and here I was thinking I was going to pierce her ears so people didn't think she was a boy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment