Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Missing Daddy

Makaela has been very vocal about missing Matt lately. She has made some comments that make me want to laugh and cry at the same time:

-When I got the milk cap stuck in the sink and couldn't get it out, she said, "Guess we need to call Daddy to come home and fix it." (oh sure, he'll be here in 10)
-"Daddy is not allowed to go on a plane again forever"
-"I don't like Calee-forn-a" (she alternates thinking Matt is in California and Iraq)
-"Don't pick me up from school today. I want Daddy to pick me up. He would like that." (I would like that too)
-"My daddy can't wait for my birthday party." Then when I tell her that Daddy won't be home for her birthday she says, "Well, I guess I have to have a princess party because Daddy is not going to be there and princesses are only for girls" (ummm, gender roles anyone?)

No comments:

Post a Comment