Tuesday, June 28, 2011

sick, sick, sick

I thought I would have so much time on my hands once summer came, but that is not the case. We have all been battling colds and illnesses since the summer started. It started with a stomach bug that literally knocked me out for two days and then Mia came down with an upper respiratory infection that spread through the house, snowballing with new symptoms as each family member got sick. We are now back onto Mia, who, after having some of her cough clear up, now has an eye infection. With the cold she has started waking up again around 1:30-2am for another feeding. Good grief. I have had to quit Crossfit because I have had to keep the girls home from daycare and couldn't attend my gym classes (and as much as I hated Crossfit in the beginning, I was actually seeing major improvement in my muscle tone, so I was bummed about this). I have been doing laundry, cleaning vaporizers, sterilizing everything I can, with no luck. Mia is too young to go on meds, so that doesn't help and Makaela hasn't been sick long enough (or severe enough) to be seen by the doctors at the clinic, so Mama is playing nurse, house keeper, laundress, playmate, cook and trying to find time for the dissertation...wait...that was everything I was doing anyway just to the 9th degree.

No comments:

Post a Comment