Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Family Bed Rationalizations

In a previous post, I mentioned that I loved waking up with the girls, but I think I may need to take that back. Makaela has started boycotting her own bed. She will let me put her to bed and then sneak out about 30 minutes later (just when I think she has fallen asleep too). She has come up with some pretty interesting rationalizations about why she needs to sleep in my bed and here they are:


  • "I just like your bed better"

  • (in reference to a night when I was really sick) "You are sick, so I need to stay here in bed to watch you. Don't worry, I'll sleep down here so you don't get your germs on me" (she slept at the foot of the bed the entire night)

  • "I can't have Mia waking me up. I have school tomorrow and I don't want to be so so tired"

  • "Mia's crying hurts my ears" (sharing a room may not have been the best idea)

  • "The motorcycles are scary" (living on Kapolei parkway- not so quiet anymore)

  • "I just don't feel well. I need you." (I think I'm raising a hypochondriac)
and the best one...


  • "Daddy is not here so I don't want you to get so lonely" and then when I asked her what will happen when Daddy comes home she said, "Well, then I'll go back to my bed, but Daddy will be gone for a long long time so I'll stay here"

No comments:

Post a Comment