Friday, June 3, 2011

Me vs. Them

It's definitely interesting being outnumbered by infants and toddlers and tonight I got to
test how good I was at multitasking. The Martins went out to celebrate the closing of their house, so I watched Zack and Abby. Yep- me and four kids: a 3 year old, a 2year old, a 1 year old and a 7 month old. This has been the week of friends and once again, Makaela was very excited. I had planned out dinner ahead of time and had most of it prepped, so that was pretty easy.
Then we had playtime which was lots of fun, but I was a little nerve wracked because this home isn't baby-proofed and I was overly cautious with Zack- made me realize how I need to get this
home baby proofed before the end of this month because Mia looks like she is ready to start scooting.
Makaela let Abby "do" her hair- wish I could get that much cooperation.
And here they are dancing to Dora:
Zack was a great sleeper so he went down and I was able to give all three girls a bath- wish I had my camera, but I definitely had my hands full. At one point, all three of the were squealing. Ahh- girls. When bedtime came, Mia tried her best to hang with the girls, but it didn't last long. Makaela "read" Abby a bedtime story. Here is Makaela's rendition of Cinderella. In the video listen as she talks about the King's invitation (the "mail"), the mean girls being jealous of the "cute dress", the mother fairy, and the "bobbity boo".
She also cuddled with Abby when Abby missed her daddy. It was precious, Makaela laid down next to her, rubbed her back and stroked her hair. Let's see how all three girls do sharing one room tonight :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment