Friday, February 10, 2012

Super Housedaddy!!

Mia couldn't go to daycare, but my first day of work was this Monday, so Matt took a week of leave to address Mia's needs and to do some home decorating/improvements. On the first day, he had already installed a backsplash, cared for Mia and had dinner cooked. On day 2, he grouted the backsplash, delivered lunch to me at school, and had installed some window treatments. I have been dealing with crazy hours- school lets out at 3:45 so I don't get home until 5pm (since it's my first week, I have been busy with meetings, but once this dies down, I will still have to pick up the kids at daycare, which will get me home at approximately the same time). He has been amazing with having dinner ready or prepped everyday, helping with the daycare drop offs and pick ups, doing laundry, dishes, vacuuming, unpacking and well, lots of stuff. I really like the idea of a househubby, but I may need a different job. Can't have a house hubby on my teacher salary...shucks. (unfortunately, I think he is ready to head back to work...he's going a bit stir crazy) Guess I need to start writing my multimillion dollar novel or win the lottery.

No comments:

Post a Comment