Sunday, March 31, 2013

Community Easter Egg Hunt


Family Easter picture


On Saturday, our community hosted an Easter Egg hunt for the kids.  All our neighbors were out and it ended up being the first warm day in quite a while. I had so much fun dressing up all three girls in coordinating outfits and since they were in white, got as many pictures as I could before everyone got dirty.
My little Navy girls
 They had a little petting zoo and the kids were very brave. Mia stuck her finger in a cage with a hen and her baby chicks and one of the chicks came over and pecked at her finger.  I thought I was going to have to deal with some crying, but Mia turned around and said, "the chicken kissed me".  So cute.
 Mia measures size according to "baby", "mama" and "daddy" sizes- baby being small and daddy being the biggest, so it was fun listening to her referring to the animals as daddy bunny, baby bunny.
 Mia decided she was going to enter the hula hoop contest but since she can't hula hoop, she improvised. She took the hoop and just spinned around.  People were amused by her and a journalist there took a bunch of pictures of her for the newspaper.

Getting ready for the hunt

 Mia was good and wasn't too greedy.  She picked up a few and once she realized they had candy in the eggs, she sat down and started raiding them. 

Makaela getting ready for the hunt

and she's off!
 Now Makaela is my hoarder. She grabbed as many eggs as she could and when her basket was full, she was trying to hold them in her hands.  I had to tell her to stop and leave eggs for the other kids- I wonder where she gets her competitive streak from??



Madi had a relaxing afternoon for sure


No comments:

Post a Comment