Monday, March 25, 2013

Gaelic Festival

The St. Augustine Gaelic Festival was the weekend before St. Patty's day so the girls, my mom, my aunt and uncle and I decided to go check it out (matt met us there after work).  There was a bunch of kids' activities and while the kids played, the adults took shifts and walked around the fair.  While my mom was walking around the Scottish clans, she saw our last name "Torrie" on one of the flags and found out a bit about the Torrie history in Scotland.  We belong to the Cawdor clan (I have to watch Braveheart again because they mention Cawdor quite a bit) and the Cawdors are part of an even bigger clan, the Campbells.  There is a Cawdor Castle in Scotland and as a Torrie, we can get free entrance (yes, now I have to plan a $2,000 trip just because I can get into a castle for free :-) My mom also found our family's plaid, so one day, I'll have to get some dresses made up for the girls.  It was pretty interesting.  My mom also experimented with some of the Gaelic food.  She was the brave one, and I was not- something about "meat" and "pie" doesn't appeal to me and anything called "haggis" can't possibly be good.
Of course, the girls were just excited to play, jump and jump some more.
Makaela enjoyed the water hamster ball rides- Mia kept getting tossed in it, so she opted to get out.
Makaela on the bouncey activity
she loved it!
and Mia, seeing her sister do it, had to do it as well
and of course, Matt had to make sure she got as high as she could go, so he helped throw her up
Afterwards, we let the kids run off whatever energy they had left at the park.  It was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment