Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ringworm!

The other night I had all three girls in the bathroom and was actually thinking "Wow, this night has gone so smooth; the kids might actually be in bed by 7:30."  I must have jinxed myself. As Makaela was getting out of the bath, she was complaining that she was itchy.  I assumed it was her eczema so I told her to wait and I would get her cream.  After I applied the eczema cream to Mia, I went to start applying it to Makaela and realized Makaela had some round rashes on her skin.  Remembering Weida and Buelow, I immediately thought "Ringworm".  I took a bunch of pictures and sent them to Monica and Brian and sure enough, Makaela had ringworm.  Problem was, I was by myself with the three girls and by the time I had some confirmation, it was 9:30 and the drug stores close at 10.  Makaela's eczema causes her to itch, so I was worried she was going to be spreading it as she itched her eczema spots (and she already had 7 spots of ringworm), so I wanted to get cream on her as soon as possible. Makaela also loves to "love up" on her sisters and I was freaking out that the other girls would get it too since I just had them all the bath together. Luckily, Matt was let out of work a bit early and headed to a 24 hour Walmart and got her cream.  We have been applying non stop since we found out.   Makaela has shed a few tears about not being able to hug her baby sister or cuddle in my bed, but she will survive. She hasn't been allowed to play with friends until yesterday and she has been announcing to people that "I got THE ring- worm". 

No comments:

Post a Comment