Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Morning

Luckily we were able to hold off on the Easter basket hunting until we had the whole family up and moving.  My nana came to visit so for the 2nd year in a row, she was around to witness the craziness that is the Hoffman Easter morning.  Mia only wanted to watch Diego, so Matt had to walk her around looking for her basket.  I guess the Easter bunny did a good job hiding it because Daddy had to ask for hints.

Madi got her basket full of binkys, car seat protectors and headbands

Our big bunny

 This video is hysterical. Makaela is so excited about her basket and gifts, but she can't recall what the gift is called. I love her enthusiasm.

 Mia ate 8 tootsie rolls and then proceeded to steal and eat everyone else's chocolate bunnies.  Now we know how she manages to keep those cheeks so chunky.
 The Easter bunny brought Makaela her own box of Thin Mint Girl Scout Cookies. She has been eating all of her dad's so he thought he would take the box as payback.  She would have none of that.


 Apparently Bailey didn't like his basket all that much so he decided to commandeer Leila's instead (or maybe he just likes pink dog toys....we don't judge).
My mom came over and brought us Easter brunch and by the time we were done eating, we had missed 10 o'clock mass.  We decided to go to noon mass, but it was all in Spanish...it's difficult to tell Makaela to be quiet and pay attention when I don't even understand what the priest is saying.  Makaela just kept saying, "I don't speak Dora's language" and a few people chuckled at her. Then Mia got bored and started to pratice her jumping skills on the steps of the kids' room which then enticed some of the other little church goers to join in. Mia tried to turn the room into a nightclub by shutting the lights off, turning them back on, shutting them off, turning them back on... and after all of that I never got to get communion because Mia decided she was going to beeline it across the church which we were waiting in line.  I ran off, grabbed her and then quickly exited the building. I think I will be sainted for this. Needless to say, that was an interesting experience and I think I earned that glass of Sangria I will be enjoying later on.  Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment