Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Three Months Madi

Madi turned three months on 3/28/13. We have been running back and forth to doctors to deal with her reflux and her size. Two weeks ago she was 7 lbs 6 oz and then a week ago she was 7 lbs 7 oz so her doctor referred us to a nutritionist to discuss her diet and weight gain. I had to drive to downtown Jacksonville and I wasn't thrilled since I didn't think we could learn anything new, but the nutritionist did make some recommendations.  The nutritionist changed her formula (we need to add Gentlease to the breastmilk) and we need to increase the amount.  I also mentioned that Madi doesn't poop- in the past month, she went three times. I was told not to worry, but she suggested that I stop drinking milk...I'm not sure how that is going to play out since I am addicted to cheese and yogurt. After the appt, my mom thought she would take matters into her own hand since Madi hadn't had gone in 8 days and used a supository and sure enough, Madi pooped 3 times in a 12 hour span.  Needless to say, she slept peacefully and was all smiles after she went.  Sometimes mothers (and grandmothers) know best.  The good thing is now Madi weighs 7 lbs 11 oz so at least we know she is gaining.  She is still our little nugget. 

I love that she smiles now!



No comments:

Post a Comment