Tuesday, October 19, 2010

36 weeks!


Today was my 36 week appointment and the doctor was very impressed by how far I had progressed in terms of getting ready for labor. At first she thought I had gained 4 lbs (she is thrilled when I gain weight), but I told her that I only gained .6 since the last check up according to my scale. I guess her office switched scales (from weighted to digital) so I'm a bit wary of her new scale's accuracy. Oh well, hope that just means that Mia is a nice small baby.

When she checked me she found that I was 3cm dialated and that my cervice was "ripe" (makes me feel all fruity, but oh well). She said that she didn't think I would last another 2 weeks before going into labor. At this point, the Mia is head down, but isn't locked into place yet, so while my cervix seems ready, baby needs to settle in first. I asked her if I could get induced to see if matt could come home, but was told the military wouldn't take 36 week babies for "convienence" purposes. Matt is hoping I go into labor so he has an excuse to come back to Hawaii. He leaves for Iraq on Monday. I am basically going to do lots of walking, running and eating Chinese food and pineapples to get this labor process moving. May even resort to Castor oil again...ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment