Sunday, October 24, 2010

Family of Pumpkins

Today we attempted to decorate the pumpkins we picked at the pumpkin patch. I have never been a big pumpkin carver myself (me and knives don't go well together) and considering that the pumpkins will be left out in 85 degree heat, I thought painting the pumpkins would be better. Makaela agreed because she loves anything that has to do with painting. I was trying to "teach" her how jack-o-lanterns look, instead of her going all "Jackson Pollack" on the pumpkins, but at the same time, I wanted to make sure that I let her decorate them herself instead of being the overcontrolling, meddlesome mom. It was a learning moment for me. She did a great job of making faces on the pumpkins and picking out colors that would represent our family. She was very proud of herself and was tickled that she could display them outside our door. Our front door area is now called the "pumpkin patch".Giving a scary face in front of the Daddy pumpkin, the mommy pumpkin, the Makaela pumpkin and the Mia pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment