Friday, October 29, 2010

Makaela's Last Day at Preschool...for now

Today was Makaela's last day at preschool for the time being. We have decided to pull her out since we are having family come and visit during the month of November for my maternity leave and then most of December will be spent in NY for the holidays. She has also been having some issues with being dropped off- they have been downright miserable and I usually have to run out of school with her in hysterics. It is difficult to say if her behavior is the result of Matt's departure or just the antics that come with her age. Regardless, I think she will like staying home with Mom and Mia (once she arrives).

Anyway, today was Makaela's last day and it was also crazy hair day. Makaela, who doesn't particularly like to get her hair done), sat still and insisted that I make ponytail after ponytail in her hair. She had a total of 5 when all was said and done, although I think she would have wanted more if I had the time.

I have to say that picking her up on her last day of school and cleaning out her cubby made me a bit weepy. She had to go take her face down off the attendance poster, gather up all her artwork off the walls and say bye to all her friends. Even though it didn't phase her (because I don't she she understood that we weren't coming back), I felt so badly about taking her away from all of it. I really like the preschool and my only concern was that with the two girls, I needed daycares to be closer together to make my morning drop off and commute time more manageable. I do have loads of crafts and alphabet worksheets to do with her while she is home on maternity leave with me however. It should be an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment