Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Skyping with Dad and the new orders

Makaela is not a very good phone person although she is getting a bit better. This is why I am so grateful that skype was invented because Matt just found out today that he is heading back to Iraq later this month to rejoin the guys he trained with. Matt is very relieved that he will be going so we won't have to move to a different state and also so he can meet back up with the guys he bonded with during training. Of course, the downside is still the same as it was initially: Matt missing time with the family and this time, there is no chance he will be able to attend Mia's delivery. We were skyping with Matt tonight and I was thinking how lucky we are that we are able to do this with Matt heading half way around the world. This interaction is so important for Makaela. After I took this video, we were blowing kisses and she told him, "I want to kiss you daddy, in my house." Yep, mom almost lost it with the tears at that moment.

Now, if Tripler will let me skype Mia's delivery, we'll be all set...labor via satellite :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment