Sunday, January 30, 2011

Let the selling begin...



So, we officially listed our home yesterday and needless to say it's a pretty sad experience. We decided t go the Help-U-Sell route thanks to the advice of the Martins (i just pray my home sells as quickly as theirs did). I cleaned the entire house and hen the realtor came in, she was impressed. Seeing the house through her eyes made me appreciate it even more and made me realize how much I am going to miss it. I thought I would miss the backyard the most, but going through the house, I realized I am going to miss the girls' room the most. I have very fond memories of rocking the girls to sleep in here. The comps she showed me were a bit depressing...much lower than what I was hoping to get for the house, but they are currently all short sales (the homes that are comparable to mine) and none of them have our backyard, so she decided to list it at $559,000. This will give us some wiggle room with potential offers. I hope it all goes well, we can break even on the house and it can be done with as little stress as possible :-)
Makaela is not adjusting to the idea of moving though. She started panicking yesterday when the realtor came over. I tried to explain that the lady was going to help us sell our home and immediately, Makaela starting crying "But I love my toys. She can't sell my toys." I told her that we were going to move to a new house and her response was, "Can I bring my toys?" I guess she associates this house as housing her toys so the idea of moving may lead her to believe we are leaving her toys too. Then today when I was looking at real estate online to get an idea of WA homes (mind you this is very premature- we don't even have orders yet), I had her look at some of the pictures. When I asked her if she liked these homes, she retorted, "Yuck, I no like that home. I like my home. Turn off the computer." Guess that is that huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment