Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Our New Daycare Extraordinare


We had Makaela on the waitlist for Seagull Preschool and back in Nov, we were #5. When I called back this week, we actually moved further down the list being bumped by kids transferring from their other schools. Our estimated start time is around June, July. AHHH! When I told this to Makaela, she broke down in tears. This was the first time I've ever seen her experience true disappointment. She kept saying "I sad Mama" and "Too many kids need to stay home so I can go". She refused to go back to her old preschool and I think it is just because she wants to go to the new one, but she perked up when I told her she could spend her days with Brooke instead.
Melissa, Brooke's aunty, was going to start watching Mia and now, unexpectedly, she is going to watch Makaela too. I'm sure she ended up getting in over her head, but we are so grateful to have her. Makaela adores Melissa, so she has no qualms about spending her days with Melissa, Brooke, Makenzie and Mia all day. We are having a great time dressing all four girls the same. And, I get great pictures and texts all day long to update me on the girls- it helps make the work day bearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment