Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year's "To Do" List

So every year I try to set some resolutions and I never actually end up doing them, so I decided to just make a very large "to do" list for 2011 since I have more luck with getting lists done. So here goes:
  • Get my dissertation done- alright this is a big one, but I really need to get this done so I don't have to pay another semester's tuition. Plus, if we end up moving, I would rather not have to write my dissertation states away and not attend graduation.
  • Keep to a schedule: Mon/Wed/Fri will be spent with the girls, walking to the park with them and giving them quality mama time, plus some light household cleaning. Tues/Thurs is working on my paper. Saturday is a cleaning day and Sunday is a cooking day (get meals for the rest of the week).
  • Pay off my credit cards (AHHHH!)
  • Sell the homes- hate to do this, but I don't want to be stressed having to sell the homes at the last minute.
  • Give Makaela some chores, so I can instill some responsibility in her.
  • Work on Mia's baby book- the curse of the 2nd child is that all those special things get left in the dust because there is no time to do it. I started working on Makaela's while I was in the hospital.
  • Work on my recipe scrapbook- thanks to Jaimi (my lovely Secret Santa), I decided it was time to go through my many cooking magazines and cut and paste the recipes I would like to keep. I have sooo many cooking magazines, I need to scale back and keep only those that would interest me.
  • Try to be more patient...I'm going to need a lot of practice with that one.
2010 brought me many memories and experiences: Italy, pregnancy, my crowded delivery room and my beautiful Mia, watching Makaela attend preschool and transition into a "big girl", saying goodbye to Pops, going back to the classroom, having to say bye to Matt (again and again), and learning how to be a stand on my own two feet and care for the girls. Looking back, I have been very blessed to have such amazing people in my life who made 2010 what is was and I look forward to another amazing year full of changes and growth.

No comments:

Post a Comment