Thursday, January 13, 2011

Makaela-isms

I have to give some updates on Makaela's antics. She is getting so big and trying so hard to use new vocabulary and adult conversations with me, it's incredible.
  • She is starting to spell out words she sees in efforts to show me how smart she is, so she spelled out GALLOP as, "Gee, A, Ello, Ello, O, Pee"
  • She is also starting to do creative spelling. She was trying to dictate what she wanted me to write at the bottom of her picture and said, "Write that it is a bear and a shark: a, g, 5, l, emmo, 6, z". At least she understands that words are made of letters...gotta teach her about the number thing though.
  • She watched "101 Dalmations" while we were in NY, so the other day she asked me for what sounded like the "raisins". I told her I had no idea what she was talking about and she huffed and said, "you know, the black and white puppies, the 'maisins'".
  • I like to eat dinner with the TV off and try to encourage Makaela to chat with me during dinner. This usually ends in her getting irritated. The other night I served dinner and guess I forgot to turn off the TV. Makaela folds her hands under her chin and says, "Let's talk mama". I was so taken back by this, I did. She seemed so grown up. When our mini conversation was over, she said, "See mama. We can leave Dora on and talk".
  • She now wants to read to herself at bedtime (which helps since I'm usually feeding Mia) and the other night she laid the book on the ground and starting jumping on it. When I asked her what she was doing, she said, "I'm jumping into the book like Dora". It took every ounce of control not to start cracking up but I said, "Oh honey, I don't think it's going to work. Only Dora can do that." She said, "You're right mama. It's not gonna yerk. I need a bigga book to fit me"

No comments:

Post a Comment