Saturday, January 22, 2011

My Day Out Shopping

I was told that I needed to keep Saturday free because I had some fun in store for my birthday. Matt had contacted the girls to ask them to do something special, so they organized a full day of shopping thanks to Matt. I had been saying for weeks that I needed some new clothes to fit my post-pregnancy body, so the girls hired a babysitter and whisked me away to the mall. To be honest, at first I was a bit overwhelmed- didn't want to use a babysitter to do something as indulgent as shopping, but luckily the girls reminded me to focus on myself and drop the mommy guilt for a few hours. I REALLY needed it. Got some fun new clothes in the process, but the fun and relaxation with my friends was the real gift. We even shared a pitcher of beer and this was the first time we have been able to drink together - no one was pregnant!

No comments:

Post a Comment