Monday, May 30, 2011

Hula Lessons??

Yesterday we had a very busy Sunday that ended with a farewell party for the Bennetts. I worked with Cory for five years and he has been a very inspirational colleague. Cory has already finished his doctorate and is headed back to the mainland to be a professor. His wife is also amazing. It seems as though I follow Amanda: every time she gets pregnant, I get pregnant, so we had lots of mommy stories to swap and she was the one to turn me on to the Operation Kid Comfort Quilts that have Matt's pictures on them.
The party was held on the beach which is always nice, but they had a monstrous bouncy house that Makaela was in love with.
The party organizer arranged for a hula dancer to give a farewell dance for the Bennetts.
Mia and I watched it together but just at the tail end of it, I caught Makaela watching the dancer. I didn't realize how intently she had been watching her until I saw this occur:
After seeing this, I think dance lessons are in order.

No comments:

Post a Comment