Saturday, May 21, 2011

USO Sesame Street

My Ombudsman forwarded some info on a USO Sesame Street show that was being given on the bases, so I thought it would be a great outing for Makaela. Steph graciously agreed to watch Mia and I took Gavin along with us. They gave out free Elmo light up toys which the kids LOVED and USO bandanas before the show started.
When Elmo and the gang took the stage, Makaela and Gav danced themselves silly.
Then it got a bit serious with a puppet named Katie who had to move again because her family was being transferred and her telling Elmo how "blue" she was because she was going to miss all her friends. While the little ones weren't paying too much attention to the lyrics, this mama was and ended up all teary eyed and emotional in the middle of a Sesame Street performance.
Listening to the lyrics made me realize what Makaela is going to experience in a few months and it's almost impossible to think of weekends without Gavin, Brooke, Abby and Jackson (and of course all the new little additions). And then I started thinking about my own circle of friends and well- I have to stop here before I start crying again. Anyway, I was grateful that Makaela and Gavin were able to lighten up my mood with their silly antics.

No comments:

Post a Comment