Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day 2011

Unfortunately, my mom had to leave on Thursday, so we didn't get to celebrate Mother's Day with her, but I am so grateful she came out. She helped us so much with the move; I don't think I could have gotten through it (and as unpacked as I am) without her help. Love you mom!!
To celebrate, Matt Martin invited me over to a Mother's Day brunch at the Martin household and he cooked everything!! It was sooo nice to have a catered brunch- he did such a great job and it was a delicious spread. The mimosas were a very nice touch and as much as I would have loved to enjoy them a bit more, this nursing mama had to put a cap on two :-) While it was a rainy morning, brunch on the deck with two other of my favorite mommies brightened the day.
The kids had a great time and played by themselves while the adults ate in relative peace.
After brunch, we picked up the pooches from the groomers (a mother's day gift to myself- it's shedding season) and went home to unpack more. The girls were fabulous and I am so amazed that God gave them to me. They have truly defined my purpose in life and I count my blessings everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment