Saturday, May 14, 2011

Musical Beds

It seems that whatever magazine I read, there is some article about sleep training and after last night, I now know why. We have all been under the weather, so sleep hasn't come so easily the last few nights. Last night, I decided to go to bed at 9pm, postponing the usual nightime clean-up routine and the blogging I wanted to do. So glad I did. Mia was up by 10:30pm and in my bed for another feeding session and coughing fit. This is extremely odd because she had only gone to bed at 8pm (instead of her usual 6:30) and she is usually a great sleeper. Around midnight, I felt another body trying to enter the bed: Makaela had woken up and then I hopped out of bed to put Mia back in her crib (didn't want Makaela rolling over on her). At 2ish, I heard Mia again, so picked up Makaela, put her back in her bed and decided that I wasn't doing this anymore. I tried to hush Mia back to sleep without picking her up- bad idea. Her crying led to two waking girls. I quieted Makaela back to bed, gave up and took Mia back in mine. I got about 2 1/2 hours of sleep before waking with Mia at 5. Oh the joys. It's difficult living in the townhome though- if I let Mia cry it out, I'm afraid I will disturb the neighbors. I really hope things go back to the way they were before Mia got sick otherwise as soon as summer starts, we are doing sleep training again.

No comments:

Post a Comment