Saturday, May 14, 2011

Picnic in the Park

My dad called and asked me what a mom does on a Saturday night when her husband is out of town...well, I told him I had a hot date. Another perk to being back in the townhome is that Ocean Pointe has many parks within walking distance, so Makaela and I made some turkey sandwiches (and then painstakingly used cookie cutters to make the sandwiches into flowers), took my Mother's Day goody bag and a blanket and headed to the park. There is a small park within walking distance (Makaela's walking distance) and she felt like a big girl not being in the stroller. The walk was slow, but it was fun having her point out every gecko and lizard we passed. Makaela is loving all the kids in the area and played with two little boys there who are now her "friends". On the way home, she said that she can't wait to tell her teachers about her "pimp-nick". That should be an interesting one to explain to her teachers.
Playing "hide and go seek" with her new friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment